UMass Community Tree Conference
March 2 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
UNIVERSITY of MASSACHUSETTS 42nd ANNUAL COMMUNITY TREE CONFERENCE
NEW TECHNOLOGIES – THE CUTTING EDGE OF TREE CARE
TUESDAY, MARCH 2, 2021
Where? Virtually via GoToWebinar
Join us for this virtual conference with a full day of topics designed for tree care professionals, volunteers, and enthusiasts including arborists, tree wardens, urban foresters, foresters, landscape architects, landscape contractors, and shade tree committee members. Topics include:
- Climber Safety Roundtable: Are Some Techniques “Safer” Than Others?
Rich Herfurth, Bartlett Tree Experts and Melissa LeVangie Ingersoll, Shelter Tree
- Biochar – The 2500 Year Old Soil Amendment Helping Trees of Today
Greg Beck, Bartlett Tree Experts
- Bringing the Asian Longhorned Beetle (ALB) Trapping Program Into the Digital Age
Felicia Hubacz, MA DCR
- New Technologies in Urban Forest Management
Dave Bloniarz, US Forest Service & UMass Amherst
- Can Computers Identify Risk Trees?
Nasko Apostolov & Ryan Suttle, UMass Amherst
- Review of 2020 and What to Expect in 2021: The 1-2 Punch of Pathogens and Pests to Trees & Shrubs
Nick Brazee, UMass Extension Plant Pathologist, and Tawny Simisky, UMass Extension Entomologist
1 PESTICIDE CONTACT HOUR AVAILABLE for Applicator’s (core) License and categories 29, 35, 36, and 48.
Association credits available: 1 MCH, 2 MCA (safety), 2 MCA (education), and 2 MCLP available. CFE, ISA, SAF, and CTSP have been requested.
For a registration form or to register online using a credit card, go to
Cost is $95/person for first registration, $75/person for each additional registration from the same company. Sponsored by UMass Extension in cooperation with the UMass Dept. of Environmental Conservation, the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation and the USDA Forest Service Urban Natural Resources Institute.
For more information, contact UMass Extension at (413) 545-0895, firstname.lastname@example.org.