MQTWs must earn 15 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) over 3 years in order to maintain a valid qualification.
1 CEU = 60 minutes of instruction (same as ISA definition). All ISA- and MCA-approved credits qualify.
ISA = International Society of Arboriculture www.isa-arbor.com
MAA = Massachusetts Arborists Association www.massarbor.org
Submit credits to MTWFA once every 3 years (average 5 credits per year and 15 credits total over the 3-year period)
- Ways to Earn Continuing Education Credits
- Attend MTWFA annual conference = 5 credits
- Attend MTWFA Professional Development Series Program
- Attend Western Mass. Tree Wardens’ quarterly meeting in Northampton
- Number of credits will vary depending on program length
- Attend a webinar that grants ISA credit. Some eligible webinars (1 credit per hour-long webinar) include those offered by:
- Attend educational programs hosted by:
- Massachusetts Arborists Association
- New England Chapter ISA
- UMass Extension
- Number of CEUs from approved organizations will vary depending on program length
- Earn ISA or MCA arborist certification = fulfills 5-credit requirement for the year attained
- Become TRAQ qualified (ISA) = fulfills 5-credit requirement for the year attained
Every 3 years, Qualified Tree Wardens will submit a form to MTWFA that show at least 15 CEUs earned (average of 5 credits per year) over the 3-year period.
Random audits may be conducted to verify CEU credits.