- This event has passed.
DCR Urban and Community Forestry Challenge Grant Information Session
September 14 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
The DCR Urban and Community Forestry Challenge Grant can fund projects in a variety of areas:
- Establishing a wood bank – NEW OPPORTUNITY!
- Developing and Implementing Systematic Urban Forestry Management through tree inventory and analysis, resource assessment, and development of plans (including plans and inventories related to forest pests such as emerald ash borer or to tree mortality related to drought and gypsy moth)
- Building and Strengthening Citizen Advocacy and Action Organizations
- Securing or Training Professional Staff
- Attaining a Tree City USA Award, Growth Award, Tree Campus USA Award, or Tree Line USA Award
- Completing strategic community tree plantings and “heritage” tree care projects
- Other projects
Come learn about this grant opportunity and discuss your project ideas.
The deadline to submit the Intent to Apply form is October 1
Full grant applications are due November 1.
To find additional information on the Challenge Grant program, go to the Urban and Community Forestry website and click ‘Competitive Grant Opportunities.’ To talk with someone about the information session or about the Urban and Community Forestry Challenge Grant program, contact Julie Coop 617-626-1468 or Mollie Freilicher 413-577-2966.