- This event has passed.
Pollinators in our Landscapes Conference
February 26, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
UMass Extension’s Landscape, Nursery, and Urban Forestry Program seeks to encourage communication between Green Industry professionals including landscapers, land managers, arborists, licensed pesticide applicators, and other landscape practitioners with professional beekeepers, researchers, and state officials who share the common goal of maintaining and encouraging pollinator health in Massachusetts. This conference will bring together stakeholders with shared concerns about pollinator health, habitat, and their future success and prosperity in Massachusetts and New England.
The goal of this shared day of education is not only to hear about the latest research, but also to encourage further networking between diverse groups of stakeholders who share at least one common interest: pollinator protection.
Topics will include:
· Native bees and pollinators
· A review of steps applicators can take to reduce unintended negative impacts on these insects
· Management of residential yards and other urban green spaces for native bee habitat
· Recent research looking at the impact of sunflower pollen on diseases of pollinators
· The top 10 most practical actions you can take to protect our pollinators
Preregistration required as space is limited; the cost is $95/$86 per person for three or more registrations from the same company (10% discount).
Credits: 4 Pesticide contact hours for categories 29, 36, 48 and Applicators License.
Association credits: ISA, MCA, MCLP, and MCH credits requested.
To register online or to print out a registration form and pay by check, go to http://extension.umass.edu/