Spring Kickoff: UMass Extension’s Landscape Education Day
March 29 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Learn about landscaping principles and practices that you can implement to provide beautiful and environmentally friendly landscapes for your customers. The use of low risk materials and strategies to manage landscape pests are important practices for environmentally friendly landscapes. Daniel Gilrein, Extension Entomologist from Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County, will present Reduced Risk Strategies for Managing Landscape Pests at UMass Extension’s Spring Kickoff for Landscapers. Other topics include:
- Designing a Sustainable Residential Landscape
- Using Reduced Risk Strategies for Managing Landscape Pests
- Managing Turf to Increase Environmental Health
- Managing Irrigation in Landscapes to Conserve Water
- The Year in Review of Diseases of Trees and Shrubs, and the Forecast for the 2018 Season
Credits: Three pesticide contact hours for Applicators License; two for categories 29 & 36; OR one for category 37.
Association credits: 4 ISA, 2 MCA, 2 MCLP, and 1 MCH.