Asian Longhorned Beetle Information
|Massachusetts Tree Wardens & Foresters Association
|Since 1913...The Protection and Preservation of Trees
The oldest tree organization in the USA.
|Report ALB in MA
Or call toll free:
ALB found at the Faulkner Hospital, Jamaica Plain (BOSTON) (July 3, 2010)
- No additional beetles have been found in Boston or surrounding
communities. A quarter mile radius climbing inspection has been completed
around the hospital.
Thank you to our speakers and attendees for a great seminar.
(SUMMARY) Fall, Oct 08 Workshop
|MAP of ALB Quarantine AREA in Worcester
- 110 square miles affected
- Confirmed positive trees in northern Holden
- Trees are available for replanting for residents residing in quarantine
areas for only till Spring of 2012, otherwise visit Worcester Tree
Initiative for future plantings.
|APHIS, DCR & USDA's
response letter to
MTWFA & MAA efforts for
arborist climbing ALB
|Godzilla vs. ALB
By Jonathan Hansen
- Earn ISA & MAA CEU's: Attend USDA Compliance Trainings
(151 W. Boylston Drive, Worcester Office)
- Reforestation Update 2012
Replanting will cease in Spring of 2012. Let your voice be heard to
continue this vital part of the program. Call your State Representative
Over 5,000 trees have been planted in the greater Worcester
community by the DCR Reforestation Program this spring.
More than 5,250 trees since the beginning of the reforestation efforts
began. Over 500 trees have been sighted to plant for this fall planting
USDA | DCR Program News
Click for Outreach Calendar
- Reforestation Program is back in business!
- Sam's Club donated 150 trees to plant in Worcester.
- Arbor Day - Dodge Park. USDA and DCR employees
planted over 250 shrubs and trees in part for Arbor
Day, April 27, 2012
- All of Shrewsbury now included in the ALB Quarantine.
ALB Quarantine area expands to 110 square miles.
- Saturday, June 11, 11 - A large volunteer work day
started the restoration plan in Dodge Park, Worcester.
The Worcester Tree Initiative and CSX teamed
together to organize the planting of CSX's 100
- USDA is conducting feasibility studies to add ALB
detector dogs (CJ, Thunder, & Blaze) to help find ALB
infestations in Worcester.
- 'Possible ALB found in New Bedford' - USDA climbers
confirmed it was not ALB. (April '11)
- The DCR bucket truck is now part of the survey
process. The truck is a great asset to help survey
trees in power lines and unsafe trees.
ALB Found in OHIO - June 17, 2011